PIL missing a file

Pop Tufty poparosa at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 19:55:24 EST 2000

Folks,

    I have a plotting app that works great on my laptop.
I moved it to a server, and am seeing the following
error message when I run it:

pop$ python mm_plot.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "mm_plot.py", line 15, in ?
    from piddlePIL import *   # Import the PIL rendering packages
  File "/usr/lib/python/piddle/piddlePIL.py", line 31, in ?
    import Image
  File "/usr/lib/python/Other/Image.py", line 89, in ?
    import Globals, string, struct, content_types
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/Globals.py", line
90, in ?
    import Acquisition, ComputedAttribute, App.PersistentExtra, os
  File
"/usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/App/PersistentExtra.py",
line 87, in ?
    from Persistence import Persistent
ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

It looks like the PersistentExtra.py is compiled, as there is nothing in
the *.py
file, and there is a *.pyc file.

Do I need to reload python? - It came pre-loaded from Dell.
Any ideas?

thanks - pop