Python 1.5.2 and IDLE

boulderlin at my-deja.com boulderlin at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 21 00:32:53 EST 2000

In article <3a14c462$1_4 at corp.newsfeeds.com>,
  "Joshua Muskovitz" <josh at open.com> wrote:
> Heh.  Idle is written in python.  Try "python idle.py" and see what
happens.

> -- josh

Thanks Josh, your suggestion worked.  I had to type the entire
pathname of the idle.py file for this to work, since it is in the
/usr/doc/packages/python/Tools/idle directory.  However, if the
python package that I have were compiled correctly, I wouldn't
need to do this.  So eventually I will need to download the
source and compile it correctly, as suggested by the 3rd
message of this thread.  For the time being, your suggestion
provides a work-around, and I could get the Python Shell
window and started working with the language.  It is pretty
cool.  Thanks.

yizi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.