split problem

yasho yavor at einet.bg
Sat Nov 11 06:02:05 EST 2000

 Hi everyone
I am new to Python and I have some problems trying to split a string.
The splitting is made in a loop so I am splitting the string into
several parts. For example I have a string which in this particular case
I must split into five parts but when I split it into 3 parts I get this
error :
File "convert.py", line 16 in?
	c=re.compile(svalue.group()).split(s,1)
File ".........../re.py", line 79, in compile
	code=pcre_compile(pattern, flags, groupindex)
pcre.error:('nothing to repeat',0)
Does anybody knows what is happening with my script?
Thank u in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.