VMusic 2.0 CD Cataloging program released

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Nov 1 12:26:20 EST 2000

In article <E800ECC45281D5A9.23AF00DD867B4FF5.998BEC82BC42F4DD at lp.airnews.net>,
Cameron Laird <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote:
>In article <pycola.972664212.54615 at vision.maze.invalid>,
>Bob van der Poel  <bvdpoel at uniserve.com> wrote:
>			.
>>of your CD music collection easy. The program was originally
>>written in TCL/TK. This release is entirely rewritten in
>>Python using the Tkinter toolkit -- it's much faster and
>>much more easy to maintain.
>			.
>			.
>			.
>I'd love to hear technical details about Tcl/Tk vs. Tkinter
>that resulted in such dramatic differences.  I often work
>with Tk and its relatives, and I'm very interested to learn
>more about how to get the most from them.
			.
			.
			.
Update:  while I haven't yet been able to reproduce
Mr. van der Poel's observations, it appears that they
have to do with "computational" stuff:  Python vs.
Tcl string searches, as opposed to Tkinter vs. Tk.
That's not so surprising as what I originally
(mis)understood from his description.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net