Embedding Python with debug-option

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at effbot.org
Wed Nov 1 09:13:16 EST 2000

Robert Brotherus wrote:
> I am trying to embed python 2.0 to my MS VC++ 6.0 application.
>
> When I try to make a debug build of the application, the linker gives an
> error:
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python20_d.lib"
>
> The required file python20_d.lib is not found anywhere in the python2.0
> distribution. Where could I get it? Or is there any other solution to the
> problem?

One easy solution is to get the source kit and build a local copy
of the interpreter.  The standard source distribution comes with
VC project files, and should build under VC5 and VC6 right out of
the box.

(after all, if you're going to do any serious debugging, you probably
want the sources anyway...)

</F>