P*rl in Latin, whither Python?

Martin Christensen knightsofspamalot-factotum at mail1.stofanet.dk
Sun Nov 12 08:23:07 EST 2000

>>  Oni trovas esperantistoj[n] en multaj [strangaj] lokoj. :-)
Peter> ---------------------^^^ (accusative case! :-)

Oh yeah, just typical: a typo in any other language is just a typo,
but Esperanto is supposedly so easy that it ought to eliminate such
errors, and hey presto!, we have zero-tolerance. ;-)

Peter> Apparently Esperanto is well-liked amongst some Pythonists.  I
Peter> suppose that's not surprising, given the 'reasonable idealism'
Peter> shown within both "movements".

Actually, the ideas behind Esperanto and those behind the Internet as
such are very similar indeed, so I find it very odd that many people,
especially Americans, speak so fondly of the 'Net and the many things
it makes possible, but they deplore the notion that English should not
be the primary language of the 'Net. Utter hypocracy, if you ask me.

Martin

--
GPG public key: http://home1.stofanet.dk/factotum/gpgkey.txt