Geometry puzzler

bowman bowman at
Mon Nov 6 04:11:30 CET 2000

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 02:55:35 GMT, Paul Winkler <slinkp23 at> wrote:

!I have a problem that's more geometry than python per se, but I need a
!solution in python so I thought I'd ask here. This is for a

try comp.graphices.algorithms, or you might wnat to look at Mastering
Algorithms with Perl. Not Python, but easily translated.

For the point in a polygon, cast a ray to infinity and count the number of
edges it crosses. Line intersection is a much lengthier algo to do it right