Newbie wxPython question

drobinow at my-deja.com drobinow at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 14 15:28:29 EST 2000

In article <_PcQ5.64132$Z2.865717 at nnrp1.uunet.ca>,
  "Todd Lichty" <twlichty at execulink.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install wxPython on my Redhat 7.0 system. I installed
the
> wxGTK-2.2.0-0.i386.rpm and then tried to install the
> wxPython-2.2.2-1-Py15.i386.rpm but I recieved the following error:
>
> libwx_gtk_gl-2.2.so.0 is needed by wxPython-2.2.2-1
>
> What am I doing wrong?
 From the Prerequisites section of the wxPython download area:

In order to use the wxGLCanvas you'll need to have either OpenGL or the
Mesa3D library on your system. Please note that the binary RPMs below
have a dependency on the GL and GLU libraries so you'll need to have
them on your system or the wxPython extension won't load. You can get
the RPM for Mesa that I am using on my system from here. wxPython's
wxGLCanvas only provides the GL Context and a wxWindow to put it in, so
you will also need the PyOpenGL Python extension module as well.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.