How to make toplevel app window with transparent image?

Rodrigo Senra rodsenra at
Sun Nov 12 00:20:13 CET 2000

Does anybody know how to create a GUI app (any tool but I prefer Tkinter
or wxWindows)
where the toplevel frame consists of a transparent gif ? Could the
solution be portable ?

Explanation: I'm planning to build a GUI app where the main windows is
rectangular,but has a shape given by some image. I need to make the
parts of such image truly hollow.

Any pointers?
Rodrigo Senra
Computer Engineer   (GPr Sistemas Ltda)  rodsenra at
MSc Student of Reflection (IC- UNICAMP) Rodrigo.Senra at (see also