Proposal: default __init__

Michael Hudson mwh21 at
Mon Nov 13 22:25:11 CET 2000

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at> writes:

> Am I having hallucinations, are Michael Hudson
> (and AMK) having them, or did this use to work
> differently in some ancient Python (before 1.5.2,
> which is where I came in...) and was fixed in
> the last couple of years or so...?

It would seem I've been having one.  I was *sure*

didn't do a search through the inheritance heirachy.  But it does.
Wow, that's a pretty basic thing to have got wrong for as long as I

humbly-ly y'rs

  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
  down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
                                                        -- Jack Handey