Python2.0 installation on HP-UX...

Christopher J. Kucera ckucera at globalcrossing.com
Fri Nov 3 10:43:41 EST 2000

Thomas Wouters wrote:

> Something went very wrong with your configure process:
>
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 11:30:39PM +0000, zxo102 at my-deja.com wrote:
> > checking size of int... (cached) 0
> > checking size of long... (cached) 0
> > checking size of void *... (cached) 0
> > checking size of char... (cached) 0
> > checking size of short... (cached) 0
> > checking size of long long... (cached) 0
> > checking size of off_t... (cached) 0
> > checking size of time_t... (cached) 0
> > checking size of float... (cached) 0

I had this problem once while attempting to compile PIL on a Solaris
box.  It turned out to be because of a very nonstandard compiler that
was being found by default in the configuration scripts.  If I recall
correctly, I had a hell of time trying to get it to use a better
compiler, and I think I eventually had to actually hack the configure
script to hardcode the path to the compiler I wanted to use.

Check to make sure the compiler you're using is ANSI-compliant and
all that good stuff; you might have to add some flags, etc, to get
it to function correctly . . .

It was a heck of a long time ago, though, and my memory's a bit fuzzy
on the whole problem.

Hope that helps a bit,
CJ