statically nested scopes

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 10:07:33 EST 2000

I see that python dev is discussing nested scopes. Not being one of the
elect I would like to ask a question here.

J Hylton claims that it should be easy to distinguish module globals and
those from an enclosing scope.

How can this work when different paths define different variables.

ie

G=0
def A():
  for i in range(3):
    if i>=2:
      G=i*i
    def B():
      return G+2
    print B()

ie is the code going to define B differently on every pass as it should
and if it does so this style seems absolutely rotten. What happens if G
gets defined in A after B gets built, but before it gets called.
--
Robin Becker