TCP Socket question

Jeremy Fincher jfincher at Tweed.kitenet.net
Wed Nov 15 01:49:05 EST 2000

In article <3A11F97F.F22BD655 at home.com>, Rick Lee wrote:
>My question is: what happens if the sender's message is larger than
>bufsize?  Is the rest discarded, or what?  Also, how would I know that
>this condition has occurred?  Note that the flags values don't seem to
>help with this question.

The rest remains queued for later reading.

You'll know the condition occured if the length of the string is equal
to buffersize, and further reads don't block (or, if you're using
non-blocking sockets, they don't raise a socket.error of EWOULDBLOCK.

Jeremy