CODING and CROSS PLATFORM

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Tue Nov 7 09:47:31 EST 2000

I am working on a system that will, in the end, have the RAD (rapid
application developement) features of Visual Basic, while being
cross-platform and able to create apps that are cross-platform.  I'm using
wxPython and Gadfly and I'd also recommend you take a look at those.

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

"grant" <gsc at ultra.net.au> wrote in message
news:3a078743 at mega.ultra.net.au...
> I have been using computers for 10 years : MAC->WINDOWS->now LINUX
> I am only now beginning to see the light.
> Also I beleive Python is the replacement for Visual Basic which was my
> main language.
>
> I am very interested in the CROSS PLATFORM abilities of Python and am
> about to start a big project with PYTHON
>
> What is in your opinion the best way to develope high performance front
> ends LIKE Visual Basic Forms/compiled which is then EASILY cross platform
> compiled to use in windows and also
> in Linux windows. I am very interested in the best Linux GUI that complies
> with windows in terms of Objects like Listboxs / Buttons / Picturebox's.
>
> I want to use python as a scripting tool for a highly functional database
> creation application.
>
> 1st question is what are the best compilers to create fast backend PYTHON
> objects in for windows/linux.
>
> 2nd Question  is what are the best tools/compilers to create windows and
GUI