Recursing through a website

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Mon Nov 20 13:05:22 EST 2000

In article <qmdS5.273$OC.69644 at typhoon.aracnet.com>,
Daniel Klein <DanielK at aracnet.com> wrote:

>Are you saying that Python does not support recursion to more that 6 levels?
>A Btree of order 100 can store a minimum of 1 trillion entries (and a
>maximum of 65 trillion). At 7 levels, this jumps to 107 trillion and 132
>million trillion entries.

Of course not.  I was thinking of a "typical" B-Tree with three to six
elements per node, which would be around fifteen levels deep for
"billions".  Still way under Python's recursion limit, which I've never
seen at less than a thousand -- but my point was to emphasize that you
don't want a Real World [tm] algorithm to come anywhere close to the
recursion limit.  A B-Tree (or even a binary tree, really) fits that
goal.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"as long as we like the same operating system, things are cool." -- piranha