ASP crashes IIS

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Thu Nov 9 22:09:59 EST 2000

gbreed at cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

> d:\viper\src\runtime\mtxex\activity.cpp, Line: 889) (Exception: C0000005)

This is an "access violation"

> (Address: 0x1e2a2e89)
> pythoncom15!PyCom_HandlePythonFailureToCOM(struct tagEXCEPINFO *) + 0x69

This is the 125 build trace?  The 134 build would say
PyCom_ExcepInfoFromPyException() - if not, make sure the DLLs are as you
expect.

> ole32!CreateBindCtx + 0x3F4

Is it possible to get a debug build working?  This stack trace appears
to be missing a number of things.  OLE32's CreateBindCtx can't call the
Python error handling functions directly.

I'm afraid I can't do much about this would a better stack trace, and
that will mean debug builds.

Mark.