Excel file format

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Nov 4 13:53:01 EST 2000

vonWedel at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de wrote:

> I want to transform data into Excel files using Python, not just data
> but also
> workbooks, etc.. Is there any module facilitating this?
>
> On a Windows-machine I would simply use Excel's COM
> interface to do this, but I'm on unix.

You would likely be much better off exporting from Excel to one of the
simpler formats and then importing it that way.  If that isn't an
option, the Microsoft Web site should have specs available on it
somewhere.

/  \ There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.
\__/ Albert Camus
    Interstelen / http://www.interstelen.com/
 A multiplayer, strategic, turn-based Web game on an interstellar scale.