Maximum recursion depth in python

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Thu Nov 2 18:48:50 CET 2000

In article <87bsvyl25s.fsf at>,
Ruud de Rooij  <*> wrote:
>aahz at (Aahz Maruch) writes:
>> I believe that
>> Stackless Python has no recursion limits.
>Of course it has.  The recursion depth is necessarily limited by the
>amount of memory available.

But that's not a limit of Stackless, per se.  Note, too, that I believe
that one of the goals for Stackless is to eventually create a
tail-recursion module, which would definitely make your statement false.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I have the heart of a child.  I keep it in a jar on my desk."  --Robert Bloch