Python and Databases ?

Harry George hgg9140 at seanet.com
Tue Nov 14 23:10:00 EST 2000

First of all, welcome to Python.  Next, you might look at the
Essential Reference book and the Quick Python book.

I'm using the MySQL dbms, with the MySQLdb python binding (which is
DB-API 2.0 compliant).  Works like a charm.  I've got a bunch of big
SGI workstations calling up a Dell PC which runs the mysql server.
I'm not in a position to discuss performance (our slow spot is LAN
traffic), but the python coding is a piece of cake -- and relatively
portable.

--
Harry George
hgg9140 at seanet.com