The origin of Python?

Mark Jackson mjackson at wc.eso.mc.xerox.com
Mon Nov 20 21:01:40 EST 2000

"Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic at nomadicsltd.com> writes:

> The most famous poster of the era was also a fashionable clothing store on
> the King's Road in Chelsea named: "I was Lord Kitchener's Valet". Lord
> Kitcheners was a famous WW1 general. 'Monty Python' fitted perfectly against

Lord Kitchener was a *pre*-WWI general who gained fame in Egypt, the
Sudan, and South Africa.  During WWI he was Secretary of State for War,
not a mere field commander.

and-there's-no-record-of-his-having-signed-his-letters-(Mrs.)-ly yrs,

	What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will
	to find out, which is the exact opposite.
					- Bertrand Russell