News server for c.l.p.

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 6 11:20:38 EST 2000

Tom wrote:

> I was quite surprised to discover that the news server I'm using seems to
> consider some of the posting on c.l.p. (and presumably other newsgroups) to
> be not worth its while.  When I view the newsgroup using DejaNews I see more
> posting than I get from my news server.
>
> Can anyone recommend a reliable news server for c.l.p?  I don't mind paying
> (I assume any charge would be small), but I do mind advertisements and spam.
>
> I'm on the @Home network via Rogers (a Canadian cable company) in Toronto.
>
> Tom.

I have been using usenetserver.com for three months now, and have been
very pleased with it.  There have been a couple of technical problems,
which have received prompt e-mail responses, and I have actually spoken
to a REAL PERSON once when I my postings weren't completing (turned out
to be a firewall problem).  The service costs ten bucks a month at my
lowly level (I don't read binary newgroups), and is excellent value for
money.

When I lost my credit card and had it re-issued, the accounts department
mailed me the same day the old number failed to verify, and had me back
on-line within an hour of my reply.

Sign up on-line at:

	http://www.usenetserver.com/

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/