Internet C++ and Python?

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei at adtranzsig.de
Mon Nov 20 07:31:58 EST 2000

"Mike Müller" <mmueller at dgfz.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:8v2m28$g8a at micky.ibh-dd.de...
> I just discovered something interesting in the German "Linux Magazin"
> (12/200 p. 88). It is called Internet C++ which is something like Java
just
> for C++.
> There is a virtual machine named icvm.
> It is supposed to be very fast. The author of the article (Tom Schwaller)
> did NOT see any difference to compiled C++ after porting to editors to
icvm.

Now i read the article. The author says he has ported two editors to
ICVM, and did not experience a subjective difference in timing
behaviour. He did not even say how fast the computer was on which
he did that. That's, well, nearly no information at all - all one can deduce
is "ICVM is not ridiculously slow".

--
Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei at adtranzsig.de