Accessing Hello World

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 8 08:40:47 EST 2000

(posted & mailed)

Brendhan Horne wrote:

> That didn't do it.
> error
> Thanks,
> Brendhan
> error
> So from the command line prompt it won't open Hello, World !
> What the heck am I doing wrong here.?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Brendhan

Erm, are you by any chance using Windows 98 or 95 rather than NT?
Under Windows NT you can associate the ".py" extension with the
interpreter, but undiwe 98 and 95 I believe this isn't possible
and you are stuck with

	python hello.py

One source of information on this is

  http://www.faqts.com/knowledge-base/view.phtml/aid/1374/fid/266

Various techniques have been proposed and implemented to allow more
flexibility, but alas I am unable to find references to any of them
just now.

regards
 Steve
--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/