News server for c.l.p.

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Nov 5 16:51:13 EST 2000

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 06:32:14PM +0000, Tom wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a reliable news server for c.l.p?  I don't mind paying
> (I assume any charge would be small), but I do mind advertisements and spam.

version of this newsgroup, gatewayed using Mailman (in fact, that's how I
see this list, myself ;)

But if you really prefer news, the company I work for, XS4ALL, recently
built a very large newsserver setup, using Diablo, and as a way of testing
it, it's open to the public (for reading only, not writing. You'll have to
use python-list at python.org to actually post.) We aren't sure yet howlong
it's going to stay open, because it depends (among other things) on the
trouble it causes, but in the mean time you can use it to read this group,
or any other newsgroup we carry ;) Just point your newsreader to
'tyrannewsaurus.xs4all.nl'. We'd like to hear about any actual problems,
though you can imagine we'd prefer not to be spammed when we decide to take
it out of the air ;) Just mail me if you have any questions.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>