What is Python?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Tue Nov 21 08:31:06 EST 2000

> In article <00fh1tgaludcggor2rigl2d4uuh2dpni5t at 4ax.com>, Courageous wrote:
>
> >This is also quickly dropping by the wayside as awkward and
> >stuffy. For example, many people have no problem at all whatsoever
> >picking up the phone and saying "it's me," even though that's illegal
> >according to older grammatical standards.
>
> And also damned uninformative.  Not that "It is I" is any less
> useless a tautology.

Depends on the question.

- Who is Moshe?
- It is I. (Or it's me)

That's very informative. But it's the same thing on the phone:

[Bad line]
- May I speak to Moshe?
- It's me. [Meaning, Moshe is me -- Ed.]
- Moshe, I didn't recognize your voice.

Now, the "It's me" sounds very informative to me.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.