C access to embedded Python globals - newbie

Le Snelson le_snelson at transtechinc.cc
Fri Nov 17 14:09:15 EST 2000

This is probably covered somewhere in the archives, but the search
engine brought in much more than comp.lang.python.  Sorry.

For now, I need to access an integer object defined by a python script
which is running embedded in a C/C++ context.  The trick seems to be
that I need a PyObject * to that integer object.  What we can't figure
out from the API documentation is how one uses the string name which is
known in the C context to get a PyObject * reference.

We are not interested in having the Python access C variables via, for
example, SWIG.  We need to drive the Python script via known [string
named] objects.

Please reply directly.

Thanks