ODBC/MS Access Doesn't Find Tables

Jose Correia joseKILL at THECAPSshangosoft.com
Thu Nov 9 10:28:24 EST 2000

This probably won't be much help, but I'm using the mxODBC module with no
problems.  I also used the Win32 extensions previously - no problem.  I'm on
Win 98se with Access 2000 and Python 1.5.2.  It might be a software version
issue that won't allow you to connect.  Here's the code I'm using.

dbc = odbc.Windows.Connect('db', user='', password='', clear_auto_commit=0)
# using Connect with capital C, although it is backwards compatible with
litlle c.  Tested it and confirmed it works.
# also works without the user, password and clear_auto fields.
crsr = dbc.cursor()
crsr.setcursorname("report")        # Don't need this to work.
crsr.execute("SELECT fld1, fld2  FROM table1")

Which doesn't look substantially different from yours.  Failing the software
version issue I can only suggest a reinstall of your drivers and modules
and, worst case, software... sorry.

Good luck...

Jose

news:3A04DE33.8E2E83 at felinity.com...