CPython vs. Jython/JPython

Bill de hÓra bill at dehora.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 16:50:04 EST 2000

"Ingo Adler" <ingo.adler at synacon.ch> wrote in message
news:39FF4663.A7B5E81E at synacon.ch...
: Bill de hÓra wrote:
:
: > ANSI C is very possibly more portable than Java.
:
: Really?

Really.

>What are the #ifdefs for in "ANSI C" - Python?

They're for portability :-)

: > Raw C written by a good programmer is typically more efficient in space
:
: There are benchmarks that show the opposite.
:

Evidence please.

: > Java is owned by a company, you have to pay Sun Microsystems a tribute
: > sell Java code.
:
: Is this really true?

Yep.

: I think, Guido made the point in this thread: JPython is used as glue for
: Java-Apps and CPython is used as glue in C++-Apps. It's not possible to
replace
: one with the other (easily) for this purpose .

I think Guido is underselling Python and its libraries. Just use Python, it
doesn't need any glue.

-Bill de hÓra