Python 1.5 v 2 (to be embedded in garphics app)

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Wed Nov 1 16:38:29 CET 2000

In article <3a000991.53776 at>,
Owen F. Ransen <ransen_spam_me_not_ at> wrote:
>How different is Python 2 from Python 1.5?
>I have a Dr Dobbs Python Resource CD (1999), is
>that way out of date?

2.0 is considerably different from 1.5.2; it's even more different from
1.5.  But I think what you're really asking is whether what you learn
for 1.5.2 will be obsolete when you switch to 2.0.  IMO, the answer is
"not much".  Just about everything in 1.5.2 works the same, and there
are only a few new features in 2.0 that obsolete idioms that you learn
for 1.5.2.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"I have the heart of a child.  I keep it in a jar on my desk."  --Robert Bloch