[Q]charter of comp.lang.python.announce

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Mon Nov 13 14:16:36 EST 2000

> On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 12:39:04PM -0800, Armin wrote:
>
> > where can I read the charter of comp.lang.python.announce ?
> > Is that ng only 'open' for announcements of 'open source'
> > issues ??
>
> There isn't much of a charter. It's a moderated newsgroup for Python-related
> announcements, contrary to what you might be lead to expect from the name of
> the group (whatever that might be ;) It doesn't care about open-source or
> closed-sourceness as far as I know, and that's saying something, because I'm
> one of the moderators :)

Nice to know I'm not alone in being fuzzy about the charter. In practice,
most posts I've dealt with so far were pretty clear cut. I suppose some
corner cases (an advertisement for a commercial product which has some
minor connection to Python (e.g., support for Python syntax highlighting)
could be difficult. In that case, it depends on your luck and the mood
of the moderator you run into <wink>

it-works-don't-fix-it-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>