VC++-Extensions in Debug-Mode

sentinel101 at sentinel101 at
Tue Nov 21 11:03:31 CET 2000

I have problems with compiling an extension written in VC++ in debug
configuration. I got the debug libs from the BeOS-Website and everything
seemed to compile and link fine until I tried to import the module.

With the release version of Python the interpreter crashes immediately after
displaying the message "Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized
(version mismatch?)".

With the debug version the interpreter simply says: "ImportError: No module
named XXX".

When I compile the extension in release mode everything works fine. Any idea ?

Sent via
Before you buy.