Detecting screen resolution using Tkinter

John Grayson johngrayson at
Thu Nov 9 12:45:44 CET 2000

In article <8uceh5$rn8$1 at>,
  "Arild Hansen" <arildh at> wrote:

> My question could therefore be reprhased as follows: how can I create
> a led light using the canvas and create_rectangle without having to
> draw the led using absolute coordinates but insted just define it's
> size and then "pack" it to the RIGHT? Hope someone can answer this
> question as I don't seem to figure it out myself.
> Arild Hansen

You probably can use your existing LEDs: just put the canvas into its
own frame, then you can happily Pack that within a Frame at the bottom
of your window...

If you want more help with layout, you can get a sample chapter from
my book, Python and Tkinter Programming, from the publisher: This covers Pack, Grid and
Place in a bit of detail...

Sent via
Before you buy.