Stupid Zope joke

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 05:42:50 EST 2000

<cbbrowne at hex.net> wrote in message
news:wkpujyo77b.fsf at 441715.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me...
    [snip]
> "What   is  the  purpose   of  a   person  acquiring   perfect  French
> pronunciation if they  have nothing of value to  say in any language?"

Reciting (in perfect pronunciation) some of the great poetry that
France has produced over the ages seems like a perfectly acceptable
purpose to me, for example.  I'd rather hear once more "ses ailes
de geant l'empechent de marcher" (in perfect pronunciation, of
course), than most "things of value" that people do have to say...

Alex