how can I tell when a Thread object dies?

Aahz Maruch aahz at
Mon Nov 6 22:03:26 CET 2000

In article <8u73ne$rea$1 at>, yinger  <ayinger1 at> wrote:
>... I mean besides threadObject.isalive(), because I want to be able to
>tell when a thread terminates on a sys.exit() call.

Don't do that.  ;-)  Just use return instead of sys.exit().

If you want to know when a thread finishes, use theadObject.join() or
something like that.
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

I guess I mostly see Life [tm] as a process of closing doors that you
might want to go through.  --Aahz