newbie

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Fri Oct 20 00:37:25 EDT 2000

"LONNIE" <LONNIET at PRODIGY.NET> wrote in message
news:8soeic$57gs$2 at newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com...

> I have been teaching myself python for about a month now for the simple
> reason that I have read alot of literature that says that its easy to jump
> from python to c++. I was just wondering if this was true also I have been
> teaching myself from online tutorials but I have been looking for a good
> book to go along with the literature that I have downloaded so far any
> suggestions would be nice.

C++ is just plain difficult.  If C++ is your goal, either C or Java might be
a good intermediate language.  Both are both simple enough for beginners to
learn (although not as simple as Python).

As for Python itself, you probably don't need a book on the language.  You
should, however, get a good book on data structures and algorithms.  I don't
know of any such book for Python, but there are several for C, C++, and
Java.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com