Overloaded Constructor

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Wed Oct 18 03:45:56 EDT 2000

As far as I can see, Python doesn't support this. You'll have to just
have to something like this:

class myClass:
    def __init__(self,any_var1 = None,any_var2 = None):
	if any_var1 != None and any_var2 != None:
	       	 dosomething_with_any_varx()
	else:
		dosomething()

Or something ... the feature would be nice to have though. Used it in
Java alot, but I think we would have seen it in Python allready if the
model Python is built on allowed it ( but I have nothing to back this
up !! )

Thomas