pyGTK -- why can't I center a window?

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed Oct 11 16:33:48 EDT 2000

Working on my dialog again -- and I can't get the window
centered.  I've called set_postion(WIN_POS_CENTER) on the
dialog widget (both before and after show()), but it doesn't
change the position of window.  I've tried it under fvwm and
twm.

The C language examples I've looked at are all doing exactly
what I'm doing -- though I don't know if they work either.

Is there some trick to setting window position in GTK?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  FOOLED you! Absorb
                                  at               EGO SHATTERING impulse