CPython vs. Jython/JPython

entropia entropiamax at jazzfree.com
Mon Oct 30 04:36:02 EST 2000

Jython exists only as a RAD for Java. CPython is a RAD (and more) for C a C++. Jython is slower than CPython and not more portable. The only adventatge of Jython is that you can do fast prototipe of Java applications. When the work is done you can compile the python source to java bytecode. Stackless is a great idea but it's incompatible with Jython.  Java is more known than Python. If people work with Java then they can be interested in Jython, and then they can known something about Python.