Error to compile example_nt in the Python source code

irwan ryzam at tm.net.my
Mon Oct 16 13:37:56 EDT 2000

Hi All,

I'm a newbie .I have download source code for python Be-Open Python-2.0.tar.gz and try to compile example_nt which is in Pc directory. I follow the instructions where need me  to move it up to one level. i get an error when build example.dll

I'm using python 98 with python2.0 final

--------------------Configuration: example - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
example.c
..\Include\pyport.h(252) : warning C4273: 'hypot' : inconsistent dll linkage.  dllexport assumed.
..\Include\pyport.h(372) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "could not set LONG_MAX in pyport.h"
Error executing cl.exe.

example.dll - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)