Pretty report printing

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Wed Oct 25 10:08:36 EDT 2000

I need to produce a bunch of standard reports from a database and am
considering Python.

The reports need to be pretty but probably text only (although borders
and boxes would be nice). They should be previewable online and
printable to any Windows printer.

I like the idea of using HTML but it doesn't understand the printed
page so headings, headers and footers are trickey.

Other options include PDF (which I'd have to research cos I know
nothing about it) and driving Word or Excel through COM to build pages
- which isn't an attractive thought.

How have others tackled this problem?

Thanks
Dale Strickland-Clark