Where is wxPython?

Paul Moore paul.moore at uk.origin-it.com
Tue Oct 24 05:05:25 EDT 2000

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:48:53 +0200, Robin Dunn <robin at alldunn.com>
wrote:
>> Is there a Python 2.0 (release) compatible version? Will the 2.0b1
>> version work? I'll download and try it, but I don't know what form a
>> failure would take...
>
>Yes, it works, (at least as far as the bit of testing I did.)  I'm
>working on getting a 2.2.2 release done now, with binaries for both
>1.5.2 and 2.0.  It's almost ready to go but I'm fighting some dynamic
>linking problems on Linux with the Python 2.0 version... I hope to have
>it worked out in the next day or two.

That's good news. I tried the 2.0b1 version, and it seemed OK, but one
of the demos (sorry, can't remember which one, and it's on the other
PC...) crashed. Whether that's a version incompatibility problem, I
couldn't say...

I'll wait for the new release, and try again.
Paul.

PS The 2.0b1 version installed some DLLs in my WINNT\SYSTEM32
directory. The uninstall removed them OK, but on general principle, I
prefer applications which don't do this. Is there no way these DLLs
can be installed with the wxPython module?