Number of Python Users

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 3 11:52:48 EDT 2000

echuck at mindspring.com writes:

> Is there any kind of estimate on the number of Python users? Or even
> related numbers, like # of downloads of 1.5.2?

I think there has been no attempt to estimate these numbers in a
scientific way, yet. The German iX magazing asks its readers once a
year what they use in their job and at home (hardware, operating
systems, software, ...); this year, they first explicitly asked
whether readers use Python. They have not yet published the results.

One good estimate is the number of articles posted to
comp.lang.python; I believe there is a number of places to get
statistics about that.

See also http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#2.1

Regards,
Martin