I want to impress the boss.

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Oct 17 02:11:59 EDT 2000

> The questions:
> - The location of a complete set of Microsoft Word COM commands is
> asking too much?

Actually there _was_ a pointer to the complete commandset (ie, the
makepy generated source file).  No pointer to documentation yet tho.

But it is too much to ask on this newsgroup.  Check the Office 2000
install options - it may be there, but disabled (that was true for
Office 97).  Or try the Office 2000 developers kit.

> - When interfacing to VSS it's up to me to build my own 'home grown'
> set of commands...(it's possibly not mature enough a program to have
> built in COM interface)?

No - it has a complete COM interface.  There was a pointer to some
sample code in Pythonwin that uses this interface.  Again, you will
need to look for VSS resources to locate the object model
documentation...

Mark.