com_addbyte

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Oct 30 17:35:23 EST 2000

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 06:48:42PM +0000, etsang at my-deja.com wrote:

> I currently have the following problem:
> Python has the limit for either the number of arguments or size of the
> parameters.

> Try SILIB_IAM_MAO.py in ~isup/ctftest/si/problem directory.
> Try si_tc_S20/si_tc_S2005.py  as the test case.

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "ctf_gui_tstmgr.py", line 1311, in executeCmd
>   exec("import %s"%importFile);
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
>   File "si_tc/si_tc_S20/si_tc_S2005.py", line 90, in ?
>   from SILIB_IAM_MAO import *
>   SystemError: com_addbyte: byte out of range (line 12265)

> I am currently ysing python 1.5.2 for Solaris.

> If I can get around without breaking SILIB_IAM_MAO, it will save a lot
> of trouble!!

You can switch to Python 2.0, which does probably fix this problem. (Or
rather, it moves the problem to the 2 milion rather than 65 thousand range.)
Without seeing the source files, I'm not entirely sure what it barfs on, so
it might not even be fixed. No harm in trying, though.

Other than that, no, there isn't a way to avoid breaking up your generated
file. If the generator is written in Python, it shouldn't be *that* hard
<wink>

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>