Python 2.0c1: Minor problem

Edward C. Jones edcjones at erols.com
Thu Oct 12 10:07:11 EDT 2000

I have a PC running RedHat 6.2 Linux with kernel-2.2.17. Python
2.0c1 installed with no difficulty except for modifying
Modules/Setup. In several cases I just copied lines from the
config file for the python-1.5.2-13 RedHat rpm.

When I run a Python program of mine I get the message:

WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module getdate:
  This Python has API version 1009, module getdate has version
1007.
WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module _mysql:
  This Python has API version 1009, module _mysql has version
1007.

The program ran properly. What do these messages mean? What
should I do about them?

Thanks,
  Ed Jones