PythonWin IDE sucks!

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sun Oct 29 15:41:32 EST 2000

[Dale Strickland-Clark]
>I've just received this by email:
>
>"As a friend of the person who wrote PythonWin, I didn't see anything
>lighthearted about your message at all and although I have some ideas
>to help you improve your situation, there is no way I am going to
>bother unless you apologize. I suspect a lot of very knowledgeable
>people reading the list feel the same way.
>Paul Prescod"

[Thaddeus L. Olczyk]
> While not advocating your posts, I will say that this is a stupid
> email. The guy probably doesn't have any clue how to help you and is
> just bluffing to try to make you feel bad. Invariably some call for
> help which turns into a flame war draws this exact response "I could
> help but I won't because I think you are an asshole." The only thing I
> think it accomplishes is to make the sender look stupid and the
> community he represents look a little less intelligent overall.
> I wish people would stop it.

As someone who knows both Mark H and Paul P, I'm going to take all my
friends from Python-Dev, some friends from lynx-dev, a few good men
from Debian-Devel and RMS, and we're going to....well, we're probably
going to argue what software to use on the tanks we'll have. We'll
quickly whip up something in Python, but then Mark H will suggest we
write the UI in MFC/Python, the lynx-dev guys will argue that this
is neither blind- nor color-blind-friendly and will ask to write
the interface via a web-server. Paul will be very happy to write an
offline script to take a ui definition in XML and translate it to HTML,
while the Debian-Devel guys wonder which mailer to install on the system,
and whether the upgrade path is safe. RMS will walk around and remind
everyone that if they're using GPL'ed code they have to relase the derived
work as GPL also. We'll probably have so much fun writing the software,
we'll forget to actually use it to control the tanks, so you have nothing
to fear from us.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez