Getting Python 2.0 without pythonlabs.com

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Oct 21 17:09:59 EDT 2000

As many have noticed (including us <wink>), pythonlabs.com is down.  We
don't know why, so don't know when it will revive again either.  Since it's
been down for a couple days already we're making the 2.0 release available
from python.org too:

    http://www.python.org/2.0/

Note that ActiveState also released a new version of ActivePython based on
2.0:

    http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/index.html

If both of those sites go down too, we'll look into attaching free Python
CDs to boxes of major breakfast cereals.

easier-than-prying-a-cd-out-of-a-domino's-pizza-ly y'rs  - tim