[ANN] Creating Py Extensions Using Borland's Free Compiler v3.0

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Tue Oct 24 17:16:02 EDT 2000

*** Creating Python Extensions Using Borland's Free Compiler V2.0***

I am pleased to announce a set of step-by-step instructions and examples to
create extensions using the free Borland Command Line Compiler with the
standard Python Windows Binary Distribution.

This information can be found at

http://www.cyberus.ca/~g_will/pyExtenDL.shtml .

Version 3.0 updates the linking library to Python 2.0 and removes an
obsolete patch for the Python 1.5.2 config.h file.  I have also added a
section about using VIDE (http://www.objectcentral.com/), a free and useful
IDE for Borland and other compilers.

ABSTRACT

This paper describes the method used to create Python Extensions using the
Borland 5.5 C++ Compiler (BCC). This command line compiler is available
free from http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/. I describe the
steps that are necessary to produce the extension from the C source code
and how to set up the associated files for the compiler and linker. These
extensions work with the standard Windows Distribution of Python. The
process used to produce the extension is very easy and consists of running
a simple batch file that I provide as part of this package. A section is
provided
on how to create extensions using VIDE to make it even easier.  I also have
some examples and a short reference section at the end of this paper that
may be helpful.

 Gordon Williams
g_will at cyberus.ca