How to: py --> pyc

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at equod.com.nospam
Thu Oct 19 14:28:04 EDT 2000

RTFM !! :)
When importing a module like "import amodule", the amodule.py file is
compiled into amodule.pyc if needed (based on the date of both files).
This speeds up python.
Try a complex python app (let's say IDLE) start delay.
Delete all .pyc files from the IDLE directory and run it again. You'll see
the startup speed difference.
ALL scripts compile the imported modules into .pyc.

"Franz GEIGER" <fgeiger at datec.at> a écrit dans le message news:
8snc7l$hsl$1 at newsreaderm1.core.theplanet.net...
> I have some scripts which "convert" into pyc files and some which don't.
Why