C's syntax

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Oct 24 12:07:08 EDT 2000

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Koenig wrote his landmark book with about a decade's worth of C
> experience (one could hardly have more back then, since that was
> about the language's age inside Bell Labs:-), and he disagreed
> with you, recommending the "if(0==a)" idiom.  And why not?

It is a stylistic issue, and so is always a point of contention.  Even f
you find yourself making the = vs. == errors, a good compiler will warn
you.  If you're not using a good compiler, that's not the language's
fault.

/  \ Nobody's waited longer than me / To come clean
\__/ Jaki Graham
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/
 A mathematics reference.